Hello! My name is Barbara and I am the photographer/owner behind Kindred Art. I specialize in photographing people of all ages, from newborns and children to high school seniors and adults. I’m also available for small events and Fresh 48 hospital sessions too.
My love for photography came about somewhat accidentally. I got a camera as a teenager just hoping to have a little fun capturing memories with my friends, but then I found myself wanting to learn as much as I could. Then later I started a family, and I wanted to have the best scrapbook I could give my kids. I really began to learn about shooting in manual, different lighting, editing, etc. I have spent numerous hours not only practicing behind the camera, but reading and learning from other photographers.
I had a business a few years ago called ‘Photography By Barbara.’ I stopped only because it wasn’t the right time for me personally, and I don’t think the market around here was quite ready for more than what it already had to offer (think big box department stores and the same studios that had been around for years). I’m often asked why I got rid of that name. Well, to be honest…I am not a huge fan of my first name. Simple as that. ha! Kindred means family, and my main focus is family portraits. I then chose Art because the photos I give you aren’t just photos. Anyone with a camera can give you photos. When you choose me (Kindred Art), you are choosing to invest in pieces of artwork that you can proudly display in your home for years to come. You are choosing someone with experience. You are choosing quality.
Thank you for visiting my site. I hope to be photographing you & your family soon!
Some More About Me!
- I was born and raised right here in East Liverpool, Ohio. As an adult I’ve also lived in Youngstown, Wintersville, and I stayed a summer in Madison, Ohio. When my son was nearly a year, I moved back to East Liverpool with my family.
- I met my husband in 2005 and married him three years later in 2008.
- We have two children, Ryan (7) and Hannah (4).
- I am a stay at home mom, and do this photography on the side. I really enjoy the interaction and time outside of the home, but keep it to a minimum, so I can enjoy this precious time with my kids.
- I like to start my mornings off with a cappuccino or an ice capp, but I’m trying to watch my calories, so that is a special treat these days. Water it is!
- My favorite season is summer. While I hate the extreme heat, the swimming pool is my home. I grew-up spending the summers in the pool and swimming competitively (Thompson Park Dolphins and later the Beaver Local High School swim team), and to this day, it is my favorite place to be.
- My dream vacation is to go to Hawaii one day. I’d also love to travel internationally to Italy and Greece.
- Episodes of Friends and Gilmore girls will never get old. I also enjoy medical dramas, and am eagerly waiting for the next season of Stranger Things to be added to Netflix.
- Want to know more – ask away!